Elections

 

NB: Please note that the visuals contained in the attached video might be offensive to sensitive viewers.

Namibia's mission in South Africa has confirmed that a Namibian who was attacked in Johannesburg on Wednesday night has been admitted to the Windhoek Central Hospital.

A video of a Namibian national who was allegedly attacked and robbed in South Africa has been circulating on social media.

There is also an audiobook in circulation authored by a man who is close to the victim.

He explained that he heard a gunshot while he was seated in his bus next to the hotel where Sem, as he calls him, was wrapping the clients luggage.

In a minute, he said, someone came over to him, telling him that his brother had been shot, after which he rushed to the scene.

The witness said Sem was robbed of about N$8,000 and his cellphones.

The Ministry of International Relations and Cooperation indicated that Namibia's mission in South Africa was alerted of the incident on Thursday, and on Friday, the police attaché went to the scene, but the victim was already airlifted.

The Ministry of Health and Social Services Spokesperson Walters Kamaya also confirmed that the patient has been admitted to the Windhoek Central Hospital, and his exact condition was not clear at the time of going on air.
 

-

Category

Author
Lucia Nghifindaka